Passion for: Food Processing – Mechanical Design – Details Oriented – Creativity – Sales
CMP is a dynamic and growing custom stainless steel manufacturer delivering design, fabrication, and installation services to our food processing customers. As a division of FPS (Food Process Solutions), we serve customers across Canada, The United States, and Internationally.
At CMP we strive to be one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. A positive work culture is key to the success of our company and the personal development of our employees. We promote mutual respect between colleagues, suppliers, and clients. We also utilize a team collaborative approach in our work, encouraging creativity and an exchange of knowledge with one another.
Located in either our head office in Charlottetown, PEI or our branch engineering office in Moncton, New Brunswick, you will work alongside and compliment our talented team of over 150 engineers, designers, technical sales, and fabricators. You will have an opportunity to grow your knowledge of the food processing industry, machinery design and hygienic design of food processing equipment. CMP is constantly innovating and contributing to more advanced hygienic designs to exceed client needs. We engineer food safety in everything we do.
In this role, you will be a member of the CMP Technical Sales Team reporting to the Inside Tech Sales Manager. You will routinely interact with clients, understand and develop solutions to meet client needs, prepare proposals and close business to drive growth. Once a project is awarded, you will liaise with Project Managers to ensure a smooth hand-off from proposal phase to design and manufacture.
- Understanding and develop client needs through communication with both CMP Outside Sales and direct client contact. Probe for understanding, listen actively and develop detailed scope documents.
- Review client bid packages, interpret 3D and 2D AutoCAD drawings, and develop equipment solutions to fit into client layout constraints.
- Create 2D AutoCAD sales drawings during proposal phase to demonstrate our proposed equipment solutions to our clients.
- Ability to open and manipulate detailed AutoCAD Inventor 3D drawings to understand equipment function, identify parts and conceptualize new equipment designs for our clients.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates for projects including allocations for materials, component quotes, fabrication man hours, installation man hours, rental equipment, travel time estimates, and other hard costs required to complete the project.
- Create professional proposals coupling technical writing skills, strategic thinking, creativity and design knowledge to differentiate the CMP proposed solution and win business.
- Foster and maintain professional trusting working relationships with clients, key stakeholders, suppliers, sub-contractors and CMP staff.
- Handoff knowledge of the project to the Project Management and Engineering Teams.
- Build expertise in food processing equipment and machinery design.
- Develop accurate cost estimates for manufactured spare parts.
- Mechanical aptitude
- B.Sc., B.Eng. or M.Sc.E in Engineering
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Detail oriented, fast processor of information, energetic, collaborative, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office Platforms (Word, Excel etc.)
- Basic Competency with Autodesk AutoCAD 2D
- Experience in Mechanical Design, Sales, Food Processing, Project Estimation or Equipment Manufacturing
- Experience in estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing.
- High level proficiency with Autodesk AutoCAD 2D
- Proficiency with Autodesk Inventor 3D
Salary: Compensation dependant on qualifications and experience
How to Apply: Send Cover Letter and Resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Inside Tech Sales Associate Application in the subject line. We appreciate all candidates interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.