In this role you will be responsible for managing CMP’s Health and Safety program while providing administrative support to the operations group. You will work with all stakeholders at CMP to coordinate and implement safety programs to ensure our employees are safe and that we are following all governing bodies and regulations. You will monitor plant operations and will work with staff to eliminate hazards in the workplace. To support these activities, you will develop policies and procedures as required.
The goal of this position is to ensure we provide the safest workplace for our employees while providing support to the Operations group.
Duties and responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will have a background in health and safety with previous experience in metal fabrication. These are some of the key duties and responsibilities of this position:
- Review daily inspection reports for all lifting devices.
- Develop, roll out and evaluate workplace policies and procedures.
- Ensure the employee training matrix is current, so that we meet all our customers’ requirements.
- Continuously develop our training program with the assistance of our in-house trainer to meet our businesses ever changing needs and requirements.
- Use third party training suppliers to meet customer requirements (ISN)
- Work directly with the Operations Manager and Maintenance Forman to ensure safety work orders are being completed in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Be the Covid Operational Plan champion.
- Chair the monthly health and safety meeting.
- Perform monthly site inspection to address hazards with the Health and Safety committee.
- Prepare travel binder for all road jobs based on the road schedule.
- Work independently to research topics required for the business needs (travel restrictions, visa’s, Covid updates, Industry updates, Health and Safety updates).
- Maintain the Health and Safety Board and all the data on it.
- Assist with operations projects (uniform program, social committee, audits)
- Assist with the recruitment process by assisting with interviews, resume reviews and performing reference checks.
- Provide safety orientation to all new hires.
- University Degree, Community College, Technical Diploma, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong leaderships, interpersonal skills, and a pleasing personality.
- Organizational, problem solving and project management skills.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor balancing job stress and workload.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Previous experience as a leader in a Health and Safety role.
- Ability to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Ability to ask for assistance if required to meet your commitments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attendance.
- Meet your agreed upon commitments.
Manufacturing floor and office environment.
No direct reports